S&S Tree and Horticultural Specialists have provided communities, developers, builders, utilities, and landowners with tree inventories and geographic mapping for over two decades. Our staff of foresters and ISA Certified Arborists® can travel to any site to help you total up the value of your trees and property.
If you are new to GIS, we can provide the basic spatial data to get you started. If your GIS is more mature, we can update existing layers or add missing data to complete your mapping needs.
For Your Community
- Public tree inventories using either simple tree counts or using GPS/GIS location and mapping. It can also be used to map parks, streets, public lots, facilities, utilities, catch basins, trails, and signage.
- Community Forest Management Plans. Working with either a new or existing inventory, we can develop strategies to maintain and improve your community’s forest.
- Hazard tree assessments and tree valuations.
For the Builder/Developer
- Tree Preservation Ordinance Compliance. Inventories, preservation plans, and valuations. Consult with us before the project design phase to avoid costly tree replacement.
For Commercial Properties and Other Property Owners
- Before you request bids for tree work, let us inventory your trees to let you know what you have and what you need. An inventory and tree evaluation can be valuable for insurance purposes – before you lose your valuable tree assets to storms, vandalism, or other catastrophes.
- Hazard tree assessments to help keep your property safe.
- Original design drawings don’t always match existing conditions. Good drawings and maps help you communicate with your property maintenance crews and contractors.
- Aerial photos of your property look great, but ground-level mapping the details of what is underneath the trees will also provide an inventory for insurance purposes.
For tree inventory and GIS mapping in Minneapolis and St. Paul, MN, contact S&S Tree and Horticultural Specialists. Our ISA Certified Arborists® are experienced, knowledgeable, and proficient in urban forestry and understand the value of your property's trees.